Prophecy Sign: Increasing godlessness
So when you read the Apostle Paul's warning to young Mr, Timothy, about what the world would look like at the end of days, and you compare that to the 15 points below, the two lists equate rather ominously. Thus it's a no-brainer to suggest that we are indeed at the end of days.
People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. 2 Timothy 3:2-5 NIV
15 'Signs of the Times' Indicating Judgment
The Bible warns us about saying "everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation" (1 Pet. 3:4) when judgment is at hand. We know that God is "patient not wanting anyone to perish" (v.9), but there comes a time when the gavel falls! After Hurricane Katrina, I spoke with a former resident of
He told me he grew up hearing warnings of levies breaking but folks simply
tuned it out when nothing happened. This describes America
today. If you fell asleep like a Rip Van Winkle for 30 years and awoke today,
imagine how shocked you would be at what happened to America.
1. Divorce: Increased from 4% to 51% in one generation.
2. Cohabitation: 65% of "altar-bound" singles live together, a euphemism for lifestyle fornication.
3. Abortion: 57 million unborn babies aborted, some with taxpayer funding and now part of socialized medicine.
4. Marijuana: Being legalized in several states.
5. Euthanasia and Infanticide: Being legalized under camouflage names.
6. Pornography: Rampant, graphic, just a "click away" on hand-held devices.
7. Homosexuality, lesbian and transgender lifestyles: Promoted even by our president along with gay marriage and homosexual ordinations.
8. Movies and music: Standards almost nonexistent with graphic nudity, profanity and blasphemy commonplace.
9. Out-of-wedlock births: 1st time in U.S history – more than 50%.
10. Sexually transmitted diseases: Over 110 million in our population infected.
11. Economic insanity: $18 trillion national debt; millions unemployed deriving benefits; $60 billion in annual Medicare fraud and waste.
12. Illegal immigration: Over 11 million and politicians pushing open borders and amnesty.
13. Political leaders: Corruption, incompetence and deception at all levels.
14. Radical Islam and terrorism: Exploding in regions of the world with an increasingly vulnerable
dismantling militarily and docile politicians calling it a "peaceful
15. Should we add illiteracy... crime... catastrophic fatherlessness... human trafficking... adultery... profane comedians...an ignorant and low information populace? How about the ongoing erosion of our religious freedoms and secularism taking over society? And last but not least, how about a Laodicean, apostate church compromising and lacking the courage to address the defining issues of our day with clarity and conviction while defining success in terms of happy sermons, attendance, offerings, number of staff, programs and square footage?
Illustration to be Handed Out at Public Schools: Human Bible Sexually Assaulting Woman
Toronto schools hosting ‘LGBTQ’ conference for students as young as 11
Holder: US acknowledges gay marriage in six more states, total now 33 including DC
Utah Supreme Court clears way for adoption by partners of same-sex spouses